Monday, February 22, 2010

The Whoring Twenties

Contrary to the title of this post (and this blog), I'm not a whore.

Or maybe I am. Honestly, I'm not even sure anymore.

I do know that I've recently become obsessed with sex and the culture that comes with it, a likely result of my late in life start with the subject. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 19. My college campus only had seven openly gay students, almost all of whom slept together in some weird form of incest. I chose to not partake in this, spending my college years converting several straight guys, a few of whom are now married and undoubtedly receiving ass poundings on the DL via Craigslist or Manhunt.

Moving to New York City in 2008 was my first real exposure to gay life, but the last six months have marked my entry into the often tragically comic sexual forays that come with it. It turned out some of the more alternative methods of dating like open relationships were more common than I realized, and as I dove further into exploring these alternative practices, the more I wanted to try out a few on my own.

My views on sex are probably liberal for most of the country, but conservative for gay culture. I want the boyfriend and the creature comforts that come with it, but also want the boyfriend to tie me up and slap me and offer the kind of uninhibited sex that requires safety words.

Hence, this blog. A commentary on my own dating and sexual experiences, as well as those around me. A chronicle of re-opening my nude tennis business. And hopefully, a good laugh when you're bored at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment